Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
AECOM Corporate – Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
Our corporate teams provide the strategic guidance that shapes the vision and direction for AECOM. We enable the success of our employees and our operations by ensuring they have the tools, information, resources and support they need to do their jobs.
The EPMO and its steering committee provide the strategic guidance and promote consistent best practices for the development of project management maturity and project delivery across the enterprise. Key elements of the EPMO’s role include career path advocacy, project management accreditation and training, performance assessment, project delivery best practices and associated systems, standards and tools.
AECOM has an immediate opening for Project Manager within the EPMO. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and demonstrate proven expertise in project management and coordinating an international team of project delivery personnel.
The position will report to the Director of the EPMO and will be expected to provide day-to-day support as well as independently manage assignments in various elements of the EPMO’s responsibilities.
Scope of the Role
The specific activities may include elements of any of the following:
Skills and Competencies
- Coordinating the identification, assessment, communication and implementation of project management best practices on a global basis.
- Coordinating training development at an enterprise level, including aligning project management curriculum, development of syllabi and course content and coordinating priorities for overall development and delivery.
- Developing strategy and tools/systems to track training and project management accreditation on a globally consistent basis.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the EPMO’s myAECOM website content and structure including links to associated websites.
- Clarifying, streamlining and re-engineering project delivery on a global basis, including identification and management of stakeholders and reengineering teams.
- Interfacing with project delivery organizations in AECOM’s Americas, Europe-Middle East-Africa (EMEA), and Asia-Pacific (APAC) super-geographies.
- Interfacing with other related AECOM enterprise organizations including the Enterprise IMS Steering Committee and APIC Steering Committee.
- Coordinating EPMO Steering Committee meetings including developing agendas and tracking/expediting follow-up.
- Familiar with the project lifecycle processes
- Familiar and proficient with AECOM project management tools and systems, e.g. PDS, APIC, as well as off-line applications, e.g. MS Project
- Familiar with collaborative efforts in virtual organizations with the use of IT tools, e.g., SharePoint, Lync, Webex
- Good IT skills for spreadsheets, databases, presentations
- Good communicator, verbal and written
- Good listener
- Good interpersonal skills
- Works well with other cultures
- Has successfully managed in a matrix organization through influence rather than direct reporting relationships
- Manages conflict and able to develop consensus
- Able to quickly prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Well organized
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, business, project management or equivalent is preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience in project management with responsibility for coordination or management of multi-geography and multi-discipline projects.
- 10%-15% travel
- Location is flexible, thus relocation will not be offered
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...