Our Long Island area Hauppauge, New York office seeks a Project Manager with environmental consulting experience to join their team
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees a portfolio of diverse environmental projects (industrial and retail petroleum) and supervises technical staff.
- Manages client interaction and financial and resource allocation.
- Provides senior project oversight and expert technical input on complex projects.
- Reviews and approves project related documents and deliverables.
- Evaluates subsurface characteristics for remediation projects, remedial system design, and regulatory negotiations.
- Conducts performance reviews and project team meetings to review current and future projects, discuss project and/or employee issues, and staff workloads.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in geology, environmental science, engineering or a similar scientific major.
- 8-10+ years of related experience. Experience should include: investigation, reporting, remediation, and management of retail petroleum work or handling large volumes of a similar type work. Experience with Underground Storage Tanks (UST & LUST) and working knowledge of New York’s environmental regulations are required.
- Phase I/Phase II, report writing, client interaction, and supervision experience is a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage 20-40 environmental projects concurrently.
- Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate that they have been able to maintain an account for an extended period of time as a result of client satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills
- Professional certification a plus
- Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 13 months ago