The Project Manager position is responsible for translating business objectives into systems and/or process requirements for the Financial Systems area. This position is responsible for all aspects of project planning and management, coding, configuration, and implementation for multiple projects running concurrently. The position also supports all existing production software in their area of responsibility.
The Project Manager is responsible for the development or modification and implementation of both custom and packaged software required to successfully achieve the business objectives of the Signet Group and Sterling Jewelers financial business units.
This position is responsible for the development and integration of staff to create a high performance team with the skills necessary to deliver high quality, results oriented systems which meet and exceed the needs of the business.
This position is expected to maintain a high degree of expertise in the area of Financial Systems and remain current on leading industry practices and technologies to support the business.
· Experience in the implementation, configuration and support of packaged or third-party solutions including the Oracle/Hyperion Suite ( HFP, HSP, HFM, FDM, Essbase), preferably Hyperion versions 9 through 11.
· Strong critical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· At least 5 years experience in the design, creation, implementation, management and optimization of enterprise application systems in a corporate environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency with managing enterprise IT software development projects; PMP certification is preferred.
· Extensive experience with application development methodologies including but not limited to functional requirements gathering, technical architecture, test planning/execution, implementation and support.
· Packaged software modification and implementation experience from both a functional and technical standpoint.
· Strong business acumen, particularly in accounting and corporate financial processes.
· Well defined communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for communicating with both the technical staff and business users to understand system requirements, design and on-going support needs.
· Ability to formally present information ( Visio, PowerPoint) in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
· Experience managing, educating and mentoring assigned team members.
Sterling Jewelers Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job