Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
This position is for a IUSA Representative who communicates directly with client. Leads IUSA Project Team in the execution of the projects. Provides oversight to lead discipline engineers, project administrators, project controls representatives, procurement representative and other team members assigned to the project.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Review the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) included in the IUSA Project Management Plan to be validated by Steering Committee.
2. Verify the Project adherence to federal and state regulatory requirements.
3. Approve all project deliverables by verifying (sign off) processes and documents. Provide overall project oversight and work with IUSA Experts and Contractors to keep project on track.
4. Ensures business and functional decisions which affect the project, are made to ensure progress and completion.
5. Ensures Change Management processes to develop readiness plan and related deliverables.
6. Ensure project resources within organization.
7. Conduct readiness activities such as Planning Team Workshops and Quality Gates.
8. Escalate issues to Steering Committee when necessary.
9. Delivers project communications to the IUSA experts and Steering Committee. Keep stakeholders and resources informed of what is happening with the project.
10. Makes project decisions to ensure all project deliverables are on time, budget and quality. Provides overall project oversight and work within organization to keep project on track.
11. Approves and Reports on project status to key groups and individuals (PMO, Steering Committee etc.).
12. Gains buy-in from key stakeholders and keeps their interest and level involvement right throughout the project.
13. Verifies and Approves the Forecast and performance measurement of the project. Knows how the project is performing against PMB (milestones, time frames, deliverables, budget and resources).
14. Approves a Risk Assessment of the projection on a monthly basis.
15. Ensures Project Team makes project decision to keep the PMB.
16. Conducts in requirements gathering.
17. Verifies contractor’s deliverables.
18. Ensures contractor’s resources within the project in order to keep the PMB.
Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline corresponding to IE’s business lines.
- A minimum of 3 years of pipeline project management/engineering experience including general project management experience.
- Experience in engineering for gas industries specifically with pipeline, compression, or distribution systems.
- EVM experience will be considered.
- PMP certification or similar will be considered.
- This position requires successful completion of the IUSA Project Management program within 6 months of hire.
skills, interpersonal skills, and sound judgment.
- Must have excellent leadership ability, communications
It is preferred that for this job, the candidate fulfills the requirements in terms of levels indicated below.
1. Delivering for the Business:
2. Global Relationships:
- Global view of the Business – Competent Level
- Achieving Results and Continuous Improvements - Competent Level
- Initiative – Competent Level
- Innovation & Creativity - Competent Level
3. Managing People:
- Flexibility & Globalization - Advanced Level
- Customer Focus - Advanced Level
- Communicating & Influencing – Competent Level
- Team Work - Advanced Level
- Team Management – Competent Level
- Developing Others - Competent Level