Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Implements IT projects and processes that improve YLA’s profitability, efficiency, productivity, responsiveness and/or compliance on time, within budget and with the required functionality. Manages the development, execution and monitoring of YLA IT project plans from inception to completion. Performs planning and analysis for key projects; ensures the capture of accurate and appropriate business requirements; works with IS management to ensure SOPs are followed and value is added to the company. Ensures project schedules are reasonable and achievable and include the necessary, proactive quality assurance, communication, and support tasks. Develops creative alternatives to keep projects on schedule. Responsible for providing visibility into project status, risks, issues and readiness to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages multiple, IT projects.
For projects assigned:
- Defines project tasks, time requirements, risks, deliverables and needed resources.
- Works with the users to ensure accurate and complete definition of appropriate business requirements.
- Develops, manages and tracks the project plan.
- Manages the project to successful completion with the goals of completing on time, within budget, and with needed/expected functionality.
- Ensures processes and procedures, including statusing, time and cost management, documentation, and change management are followed.
- Ensures appropriate and effective issue management and escalation practices and owns issues to completion.
- Ensures development of technical, staffing and functional alternatives when needed to keep the project on track.
- Ensures appropriate support environment and staffing exists prior to project turnover.
- Provides visibility into status and readiness of deliverable so an appropriate Go / No Go decision can be made.
- Develops, implements, documents and audits processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our project planning, implementation, and value management efforts.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in IT, plus minimum of 4 years combined IT and/or PM experience (or an Associates degree plus 6 years IT/PM experience).
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 9 months ago
Project Manager, Sr
Long Beach, CA
- 13 hours ago
Project Manager IV
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
El Segundo, CA
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
- 2 days ago
La Mirada, CA
- 2 hours ago