The ideal candidate will provide overall project management of critical information technology projects and/or programs for our Information Technology department. Core responsibilities include project initiation, planning, control, execution, and communication activities pertaining to technology and business solutions. The Project Manager ensures that goals are accomplished within time and budget goals, in line with business objectives and stakeholder expectations, and within quality and integrity parameters. This role will indirectly manage project teams and potentially other project managers while working within a matrix organization.
- Work with external and internal business owners and stakeholders to create, review and gain approval of scope and plans including measures of success, scope, schedule, costs, risk and issue identification and mitigation. Identify resources/staffing requirements.
- Develop and maintain project plans and communicate milestones. Ensure appropriate approvals are obtained for each project phase and that all team members have an understanding of expectations, timelines, and scope.
- Ensure that proposed project solution fits with agreed upon outcomes and deliverables including functional, technical, performance, security, scalability, process, and total cost of ownership.
- Manage the day-to-day details of the project including the plan, schedule, resources, task assignments, scope, budget, and risks. Track progress and monitor all development activities to ascertain and control progress.
- Lead the effort using creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
- Report schedule, budget, and delivery details to business and IT management. Proactively advise management of interim plans, potential issues, mitigating strategies, and implications of requested scope or resource changes.
- Facilitate project meetings. Brief the project team on status reporting, risk identification, issue resolution, feedback, and input from the team on project planning and execution.
- Maintain proper documentation including the original plan, any working documents, status reports, meeting minutes, issue logs, and any other documentation related to the management and administration of the project and/or program.
- Initiate change and improvement opportunities to benefit the entire Project/Program Management group and corresponding methodology. Support both the people and the process.
- Mentor and provide guidance to project managers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in Engineering, Technology or related field; Masters Degree desired.
- 8+ years of IT project management experience is ideal with advanced integration technical expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct technical project management experience, preferably with a very fast-paced Internet/.com environment.
- Experience in formal project delivery methodologies; PMP (Project Management Professional) or PgMP (Program Management Professional) certification or equivalent preferred. Managing projects to time and budget goals while maintaining organized information.
- Experience in an IT University organization or online training department experience is preferred.
- High level of business and organizational aptitude. Highly motivated self-starter.
- Experience with custom web development projects or PeopleSoft implementations desired.
- Strong presence and interpersonal skills; able to manage indirectly.
- Proven track record of driving projects to results.
- Expert ability to use MS Project Server to track and manage tasks, resources, and project costs.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...