Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
Remote Work Authorized
May 14, 2012, 8:11:14 AM
CSC is looking for Infrastructure project managers.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates and implements complex project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for a large sized or multiple projects of high complexity. Determines need for and impact of changes in scope of project and makes and implements recommendations based on determinations. Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from stakeholders regarding the various project aspects, adjusts accordingly.
- Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes project team(s) members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact with client project management. Identifies, when and as appropriate, staffing changes or needs as project progresses.
- Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. Identifies need for change, determines course of action and revises as appropriate. May act outside of established policies as necessary.
- Oversees the ongoing review of project(s) status; identifies risks. Develops, recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions and implements as appropriate.
- Works in conjunctions with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
- Manages client project management, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Identifies, recommends and implements changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Develops and makes presentations that could lead to expanded business opportunities. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to enhance opportunities for future business deals with client.
- Manages client expectations and balances the needs of company and client to ensure satisfaction for relevant parties.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
- Eight or more years of project planning/management experience
- Six or more years of Project Management experience
- Two or more years on Storage remediation projects
- Responsible for coordinating, defining, staffing, and managing one or multiple projects in the Storage Remediation area.
- The Project Manager would work across the Business, Infrastructure Management Group, Application teams, Strategic partners, 3rd party vendors & other technical teams to ensure the delivery of a high quality project.
- The PM would be the primary point of contact with management and various technical personnel on the project from inception through completion.
- Work with the project sponsors to oversee delivery performance, ensure delivery quality and report schedule, cost and execution performance.
- Required to develop detailed project plans & schedules for Storage Tech Refresh (remediations, migrations and decommissioning).
- Submits project status reports in RPM, Remedy, and SharePoint.
- Consults with technical resources when needed.
- Coordinate and conducts project status meetings, sends out agendas and meeting minutes
- Manage resources in all phases of the project in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint , and Project
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects activities with diverse groups and individuals
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled in estimating and common project management desktop tools
- Good human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Good leadership and negotiation skills to manage project and develop new business
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Ability to manage large or multiple projects with changing priorities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 15 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...