Minimum Qualifications (in no particular order)
- Responsible for the on-time, on-budget delivery of large projects or programs.
- Mentor project managers as departmental functional responsibility
- Able to ensure high quality deliverables referenced in the project schedule, maintaining adherence to delivery best practices
- Consistently represent self as the delivery leader
- Responsible for overall success of the project and/or program including fulfillment of the client business and technical requirements and adherence to the approved project scope and budget.
- Consistently execute according to the Verizon Delivery Methods centered on the PMI delivery model.
- Develop strong professional relationship with client stakeholder(s) consistently demonstrating knowledge of the client business/industry, knowledge of Verizon’s Professional Services offering
- Demonstrate clear and consistent ownership and accountability for the delivery of the project as represented in the Statement of Work, including, but not limited to:
- requirements development and scope management
- project schedule development, management and tracking
- resource management and time tracking
- project financial management and tracking
- project risk management
- project issue management
- project communication / reporting management
- Bachelors Degree
- Infrastructure implementation experience
- Previous consulting experience
- Extensive team management experience
- Able to remember and recall semantic and factual information.
- Significant organization skills and ability to store and recall large volumes of information.
- Able to host and facilitate meetings attended by client executives, stakeholders and Verizon executives.
- Strong communication skills to accurately represent and convey information both in verbal and written form
- Ability to multi-task and be aware of several simultaneous work streams.
- Ability to manage competing and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work a productive and full 40-hour week
- Ability to work overtime, if the project requires.
- At least 10 years of recent project management experience
- In-depth understanding of project management processes and principles, including experience in deliverables associated with these practices
- Experience managing remote and leveraged resources across multiple business and technical silos
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
- Experience working in dynamic and fast-paced environments
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a self-directed work team
- Able to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Able to work productively in a stressful environment
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, if necessary.
- Manage/oversee/supervise Associate Project Managers as part of a large implementation, as required
- Expert knowledge of the English language – including grammar, verbiage and spelling.
- Ability to travel as necessary (< 10%)
- Project Management Certification required
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification, preferred. If without, must be willing to obtain within first year of employment.
- Previous consulting experience, preferred