Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of complex and cross-functional project oriented work efforts. Manages multiple projects simultaneously. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools. Also understands human resources policies and practices and change management techniques. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Project Management certificate may be required. Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects and requires prior management, supervisory, or team leader experience..
- Manages the integrated infrastructure project plan, that includes infrastructure projects that may be dependent upon, or impact the portfolio project that the program manager is responsible for.
- Manages several Infrastructure Project Managers and workstreams to deliver a holistic view and approach for delivering the portfolio project that the program manager is responsible for.
- Provides oversight and analysis on financials including forecasts, actuals to date and run rate. Manages projects to budgets as needed.
- Communicates regularly with the Infrastructure Project managers, Enterprise Project Manager and ITO Program Director to ensure understanding of project tasks and progress. Manages issues and risks and raises to senior ITO leadership as needed.
- Institutes program management methodologies where appropriate.
- This position interacts with IT Leads and Executives, multiple project managers, IT Development Management, Architecture, Sourcing, HR, Talent Acquisition, and Finance, to facilitate the definition of requirements for staffing projects and baseline. Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline strongly preferred
- 8 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 5 or more years of managing projects
- 2 to 3 years of technical experience in standard database and report tools (examples SQL Server, Brio)
- Strong analytical, reporting, metrics and technical teamwork
- Proven technical experience in querying, report generation, and metrics capturing
- Strong communication, facilitation, leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills; highly organized, detail oriented
- Proven ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation
- Strong process implementation and documentation skills
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and other IT departments
- Candidate must have proven analytical, project management and leadership skills
- Strong, demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and time management skills
- Prior experience in a resource management or talent sourcing related position
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt training
- Microsoft Sharepoint.
CIGNA - 12 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...