This position is located at Yosemite National Park. Yosemite is located approx. 2 hours from Fresno, CA. The park is a major tourist destination with 4 lodging facilities, 7 main food & beverage operations, 17 retail units and numerous recreational activities.
Utilizing a combination of practice and procedures, the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Project Manager will administer and oversee an effective, long-term and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management. The IMP Project Manager is responsible for critical aspects of the IPM program including facility inspection, exclusion, trapping, documentation and communication of initiatives.
- Develops and administers sustainable systems, programs and procedures to complement and enhance the existing IPM program such as rodent abatement. These programs will include action thresholds, pest identification and monitoring, prevention, and control.
- Develops rodent trapping programs for all work and housing areas and provides training, guidance and oversight of unit trapping programs including proper utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Develops action thresholds for specific aspects of the IPM program and communicates thresholds to key stakeholders.
- Develops best practices for facility occupants to support pest abatement efforts including monitoring and documentation of programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years experience with IPM principles or pest management
- 2-3 years of project management experience
- Ability to develop written plans, communicate plans effectively to others, and oversee the execution of plans
- Knowledge of pest management principles, including trapping and exclusion procedures
- Ability to lead others effectively to ensure proper execution of IPM programs
- Must write well and communicate concepts and directions effectively
- Proficiency in database programs, particularly to track and report on program progress
Delaware North Companies - 20 months ago