Graycor Construction Company Inc. is looking for an experienced Project Manager with Hospitality and Lodging customer experience
Summary of Position:
Plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of one or more construction projects, to complete this work in the safest manner possible, at the lowest reasonable cost and in compliance with the client's documents and quality requirements.
Job Experience Requirements:
- Organize and execute the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of company policies. Initiate weekly project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Interface with the client as his primary contact, by receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owners contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Develop and/or analyze the preliminary project documentation, such as project code of accounts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Organize and plan the execution of the physical work
- Develop the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution. Communicate/coordinate schedule & plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Recognize activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Write subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts. Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests..
- Prepare, quote and negotiate contract changes with client, with Construction Manager guidance.
- Maintain open communication with all other support and business units involved with the project.
- Maintain open line of communication with the local union officials.
- Promote goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site project engineer, field superintendents, office manager and clerk.
- Participate in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- 10+ years experience in construction or related field
- Bachelor degree is required. Engineering or construction management degree is preferred
- Experience and relationships with Lodging and Hospitality customers is required
- Renovation focused experience is a plus
- ability to travel out of town for assignments as needed
- Midwest U.S. focus with office headquarters in Oakbrook, IL
- Purchase materials and rent equipment in accordance with company policy.
- Negotiate miscellaneous subcontracts and subcontract change orders.
- Negotiate miscellaneous and extra work purchase orders.
- Quote contract changes to clients with management approval.
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Graycor - 17 months ago