As a member of our dynamic Global Project Management team, you will manage projects valued up to $50M utilizing an FEL process for both Chemical & Petroleum Processing facilities within the company.
• Manage projects valued up to $50 million +
• Employ the company's Project Management Process in execution of capital projects
• Lead definition of project objectives, scope development, and front end engineering in support of the project objectives
• Analyze and manage risk on projects
• Lead teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues
• Prepare and implement project execution plans
• Develop cost effective contracting strategies
• Accountable for project cost and schedule controls, project reporting
• Obtain funding for projects
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team is essential. Must display strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills.
• Routinely prepare and present project updates to senior management
• Direct company or contract project engineers in supporting roles on Major Projects
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
• PE and/or PMP Certification a plus
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 8+ years prior experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, or equivalent industry acting as a Project Engineer/Manager
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or closely related technical degree
Referral Bonus: $1,500
Posting Close Date: 12/31/2012
Maximum Job Grade: E7
LyondellBasell Industries - 20 months ago
LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical...