Position has full cycle accountability for designing and executing standard and complex statistical and business analytical projects to support sales growth initiatives in Portfolio Usage Marketing. Working independently, the person has primary responsibility for ascertaining requirements, establishing valid data extraction specifications, designing project plans, extrapolating and manipulating information from internal/external data sources, and presenting results to business partners.
- Interacts with business partners and guides efforts to scope and define project requirements and select appropriate data sources.
- Designs project methodology and develops commands to extract and manipulate information from specified internal and/or external data sources, using designated programming (SAS), query or scripting language and software tools.
- Coordinates resources and interacts across functional boundaries as required to successfully complete project.
- Interprets results, prepares information in standard formats for presentation and advises business partners about results
- Guides and assists business partners or casual users in other departments with routine statistical / modeling questions and issues.
- Takes on projects to perform ad hoc research and identify trends or developments that may impact business plans or performance or which may represent opportunities.
- Engages in continuous learning to maintain a high level of currency and competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Management, Econometrics, etc., or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum of two years post academic work experience performing applied statistical analysis and modeling or research design using statistical software and other analytical tools in mainframe, UNIX or PC environments.
- Highly developed SAS and SQL skills
- Fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills
- Well developed presentation skills that include the capacity to present technical material to technical and non-technical audiences effectively.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to stay on task, work within tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, develop own work plans and work both independently, cross-functionally, and as part of a team
- Credit card or similar industry consumer research experience desirable.
Discover Financial Services - 11 months ago
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand c...