Under minimal supervision, this position manages new product development project(s) through the Stage Gate process to bring it in on time, within budget and complete with the newly developed product(s) designed and performing as planned.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Manages new product development (NPD) project(s) through the Stage Gate process successfully. This includes completing the project on-time, within budget and complete with the newly developed product(s) designed and performing as planned.
- Consults with Marketing, Engineering and other disciplines during the proposal phase to ensure proper definition of project scope and deliverables.
- Manages day-to-day operational project activities. Coordinates efforts and allocate individual responsibilities among project team members representing various disciplines. Monitors s uch work to ensure on-time completion of assigned tasks.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Works with team members to identify risks and develop mitigation and contingency plans.
- Identifies and allocates resources and bring potential issues of resource limitations to the attention of immediate supervisor or other department managers.
- Reviews deliverables by team members and prepare for periodic project reviews with upper management. Communicate directly with all key project personnel including internal and external customers, end users, and other third-party firms to establish all project requirements and resolve open issues.
- Travels to customer site or office for meetings, site surveys, startups, and training as necessary.
- Ensures project documents including Stage-Gate requirements, presentations, Gate approval documents, drawings, meeting minutes, project schedules are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures.
- Responds to change productively and handles other duties as required.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Analytical - Must be able to analyze customer purchasing history and web usage to optimize aftermarket e-commerce content and offerings.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Education & Experience :
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline from four-year college or university with at least five years of experience in managing project planning and execution, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Significant field experience in industrial analytical instruments preferred.
Experience leading product development projects in the lab petrochemical process equipment and/or refining monitoring process industries. Must have successful project planning and execution experience with structured phase gate product development processes.
Knowledge & Skills :
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment. Experience with working both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment. Conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including upper management, other departments and customers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in IFS or other Oracle based ERP (preferred). Individual should be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access). Should be capable of navigating and operating Microsoft Project or equivalent.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Qualifications:
Must be available for domestic and/or international travel as needed for position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.