Posting Title |
Project Manager - Next Generation Education Environment
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Why Work for Our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating efficient, high quality engineers and stakeholders for an emerging product.
The Project Manager will:
- Coordinate timelines through internal and external resources.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationship.
- Develop and maintain a long-term development schedule for product releases.
- Maintain vendors and manage relationships with them.
- Define, implement, and maintain best-of-class processes that assist with the development of new products, and product updates.
- Work closely with Engineering & Product Management throughout multiple processes to ensure continued development.
- Manage vendors, track budgets, and establish, track and analyze production quality.
- Contribute and participate in strategic initiatives cross-functionally.
- Software or technical publications project management experience.
- Project management experience working in software industry preferred.
- Track record of managing multipart projects involving outside resources and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in delivering timely and succinct communications desired.
- Experience with vendor management, establishing budgets and tracking expenditures.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and analytical skills and the ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to take responsibility for completion of a project with multiple parts and work collegially with other employees to ensure projects meet deadlines and budgets.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Cambridge, MA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 4 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...