Looking to leverage your project management experience in a part-time setting?
We are seeking an energetic Project Manager committed to quality delivery by utilizing his/her project management skills. As a Software development Project Manager, you will be part of a dedicated team promoting best practices in project management and delivering business value through superb project execution.
Position: Project Manager (PT)
Duration: 6 months
Hours: M-F, 1-5 PM
Company: 1fb.net, Inc.
Address: 1000 Sansome Street, Suite #350
San Francisco, CA 94111
The immediate responsibilities of this position are to manage all software development projects in support for the maintenance and enhancement of a specific product area within 1fb.net, Inc. This involves working directly with our business sponsor, multiple off-shore development teams, as well as a variety of internal personnel, including those in the Engineering, QA, Product Management, and other departments.
At any given time the person in this position will be managing between 1 and 3 separate projects in some phase of the SDLC with minimal supervision. These projects tend to be of minimal to moderate size and risk.
The main keys to success in this position are: ability to work with business sponsor to clarify and firm up project scope, managing the expectations of all stakeholders through clear and consistent communication, and following and promoting the 1FB Project Management Office’s standards, policies and procedures. These goals will be accomplished in part through the development and presentation of detailed project schedules, status reports, change requests, risk registers and response plans, etc.
This position has no direct reports, but the projects being managed are expected to have between 5 and 10 people.
Education & Experience:
Required Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. Advanced knowledge of IT solutions, business process analysis, functional specification and project management.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in web-based software application development projects. In depth knowledge of project management methodology, workflow-modeling concepts, business process modeling and reengineering, and related information systems.
- Experience working with cross-functional groups (Business sponsor, Content/Editors, and IT) to deliver quality releases.
- Working knowledge of the tools, concepts, methodologies, and techniques of business process analysis and modeling, such as root cause analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping/simulation, data modeling, problem identification and interpretation, process change management and performance measures.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
- Experience with Use-Case Development and the Rational Unified Process preferred.
- Communicates effectively, using a variety of communication styles and mediums: in person, via phone, email, IM and across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to use professional or technical expertise to advise and/or influence clients and proactively ensure that project needs are met.
- Hands on experience providing Use Case Analysis.
- Professional presence.
- Exceptional project and people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven record of consistently meeting or exceeding project deadlines, metrics and goals.
- Project management and/or development experience.
- Experience with Business Requirements Gathering.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and the ability to collaborate with business unit customers, IT and management.
- Diagnostic and creative problem-solving skills. Exercises independent judgment, troubleshooting, and decision-making under pressure.
- Excellent, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible and resourceful with an incredible drive to get things done.
1st Financial Bank USA - 19 months ago