Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that's changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 2,000 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
Reports to : Director of Remote DBA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Included are the following, though other duties may be assigned):
- Position is based in our new Remote DBA office in Bozeman, Montana
- Fast growing tech company looking for a Project Manager who enjoys a challenge
- Opportunities to expand role in the future
- You will need to be able to travel occasionally to conferences, events and company meeting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Oversees, coordinates, and participates in department projects to ensure that:
- Projects are delivered on time
- Tasks are assigned, scheduled and communicated effectively
- Customer commitments are met
- Follow up with customers as needed and improve customer communication
- Expense reporting and departmental budgeting
- Management reporting and analysis
- Suggest areas for improvement to keep the quality of our services high
- Enhance verbiage on web pages and other internal or external documentation
- Work with sales, marketing and other departments to keep department goals on track
- Negotiate the purchase of supplies, equipment, etc., for the RDBA staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary specifications
- Make travel arrangements
- Coordinate domestic and international meetings
- On-call scheduling
- Handle external contracts and invoices
- Attend meetings and take detailed notes, and communicate them and follow up on decisions made
- Experience in a distributed working environment is helpful
- Supervisory experience
- Well-developed planning, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle many outstanding issues and requests - often needing to rapidly shift focus and priorities
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to speak mind confidently while keeping good relationships
- Ability to work with technical people
- Strong communication skills: verbal (phone), email, Skype, IM - instant messenger, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of previous experience in project management