Project Manager, Senior Mechanical Engineer
Dewberry is currently seeking a Project Manager, Senior Mechanical Engineer for our New York office. Duties will include Project Management, Mechanical design, drawing production, specification writing, discipline coordination between the various trades, shop drawing and submittal reviews, construction site reviews, and code reviews for MEP systems for various projects. Focus will be on the mechanical systems for buildings, however, this position may also include assisting with other building systems and the construction process in the various engineering disciplines: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and construction services. The work may include base building and tenant interior systems on commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, and various other types of projects. Duties may also include the review of MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients, and working with others within the Dewberry organization. Pursuit of registrations, accreditations, and continuing education will be encouraged including USGBC LEED Accreditation, ASPE CPD certification, Professional Engineering license, and continuing education. Educational and exam costs will be reimbursed in accordance with Dewberry Employee Handbook and Company Policies.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
* Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer
- BSME Engineering degree.
- 10 to 15 years of experience with MEP projects, especially, mechanical system design and 2 to 5 years of Project Management experience.
- Must be a licensed PE in NYS or be able to gain licensure through reciprocity within 6 months.
- LEED Accreditation is not required but is preferred.
- Must have experience in running HVAC loads and energy modeling using Carrier HAP software.
- Experience using HVAC Solutions software is preferred.
- Must have experience designing mechanical systems for buildings in REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Must be a self-starter, with, initiative, drive and determination.
* At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization
Dewberry - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard