This position is responsible for managing timelines, vendors and resources in support of SmartHealth initiatives; including a Customer Service redesign, new portal development, HRA implementation, wellness implementation, Care Management redesign, provider expansion and infrastructure initiatives.
- Bring knowledge of managed care, HIT, other industries, innovations and business trends to the direction SmartHealth IT takes to support the business.
- Actively drive the implementation of project deliverables defined in a project charter while ensuring the budget, scope, schedule, risk and quality meet specific success criteria.
- Ensure the project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives and defined for the project team members.
- Adhere to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records. Identifying and tracking key measures of success for the project.
- Analyze project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade-offs.
- Implementing corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitates necessary project change requests.
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed and engaged and ensures company and industry standard project management methodologies and tools are utilized.
- Managing / tracking issues, risks and contingencies where appropriate.
- Managing project budget including time tracking and appropriate resource allocations.
- Consistently providing internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success.
- All work will be performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
Education : Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Experience : Seven to Ten years of progressive project management experience, preferably with experience in the health plan industry. Demonstrated skill and experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and reporting to senior leadership. Comprehensive knowledge of project management methodologies and health plan administration.
Special Training & Certification : Project Management certification is preferred.
Personal Skills, Aptitudes & Qualities :
The position requires a mature individual who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to schedule and complete a significant amount of work within time requirements; is able to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team to accomplish his/her tasks; and possesses high project management skill. The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to make group presentations and prepare communications materials. Expressing opinions or information in a clear, concise and friendly manner on a level understandable to the audience to which it is intended is critical. The incumbent must be willing to travel and to work long and/or irregular work hours as necessary. The SmartHealth organization is a new, independent division within Ascension Health Alliance. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone that desires to work within a fast-paced environment, can assist in multiple roles and is comfortable with some ambiguity as the organization grows and matures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Managing multiple vendors in support of project initiatives
- Extensive health plan experience
- Experience with interface / ETL development
- Experience with product development, account management and/ or network management
- Experience using different scheduling tools (ie. MS Project and others)
- Infrastructure development and migration
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: Portal design and development, Infrastructure migration, HRA/FSA accounts, MCO Care Management initiatives, MCO customer service
Ascension Health - 13 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...