The Learner Success team is focused on projects that create a series of interrelated capabilities, which collectively make a positive impact to learner persistence and outcomes.
The Senior Project Manager will lead multiple projects to completion in a self-directed, creative and professional manner. He/she will be creative and bring new ideas and improvements, capitalize on what has worked well in the past, show ownership of the business problem, take initiative and calculated risks to achieve business results. He/she will demonstrate high standards of achievement and show a strong focus on achieving and measuring success.
Projects will be complex requiring mix of business, operations process and technology solutions. Over time, he/she will expand knowledge to become a subject matter expert in relevant areas of online learning in the higher education industry to guide large, complex projects.
Core responsibilities include collaborating with business stakeholders to develop the vision for the end-to-end solution and working with functional departments to lead the execution of the project.
The right individual will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with IT and business leaders across the organization. He/she will work proactively with all stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities for product and service enhancements. He/she will be a catalyst for change and will provide focus on opportunities to improve services.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Collaborate with business sponsors and functional areas to identify solutions to complex business problems. Scope includes process and technology improvements across various functional departments in support of strategic priorities of the organization.
- Work with the project team to help identify the solution thru discovery and analysis of facts. Develop cost/benefit analysis and business justification for the project. Ensure solution design and delivery fits with overall business needs and is achievable.
- Develop and maintain project plans specifying goals, strategy, and risk mitigation plans.
- Lead overall execution of the project and monitor activities to ascertain and report progress.
- Serve as a liaison and subject matter expert between functional departments.
- Facilitate project meetings. Brief the project team and stakeholders on progress, problem resolution and gather feedback.
- 8+ years minimum of overall business and project leadership experience.
- Strong business, analytics, and technical skills with 3+ years experience in business analysis, process improvement or operations functions.
- Proven track record in achieving business results with a sense of urgency, anticipating and addressing risks in a timely manner.
- Experience in a higher education industry strongly preferred.
- Experience in formal project delivery methodologies; PMI certification a plus.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills; effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or related field.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 2 years ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...