AFFORDABLE COMMUNITY ENERGY
A subsidiary of HISPANIC HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Job Title: Project Manager- Temporary
Department: Affordable Community Energy
Reports To: Director of Operations
Start Date: Immediately
Hispanic Housing Development Corporation is a Chicago-based affordable housing developer with a national reputation for excellence. Established in 1975, HHDC has as its mission to stabilize Latino communities by developing, managing and investing in ventures that increase the availability of affordable housing, promote economic opportunity and enhance the quality of life for community residents. To date HHDC has developed 45 projects with over 3500 housing units and currently manages a portfolio of 4300 affordable housing units serving more than 12000 residents.
HHDC has created a subsidiary, Affordable Community Energy, (ACE) to develop and implement a comprehensive energy-savings and energy production program with two goals:
The first phase of the ACE program is focused on twelve of HHDC’s projects containing a total of more than 1100 units. The budget for completing the projected improvements is approximately $6.5 million, which will result in annual energy cost savings of $140,000, an 857 ton reduction in CO2 emissions among other benefits. Construction of Phase 1 will begin March 1, 2013. Working on ACE will provide the applicant an opportunity to be involved “on the ground” with a team of innovative experts in the fields of energy efficiency, renewable energy, project-based finance, and community development.
- To implement a comprehensive energy program for its own affordable housing portfolio; and
- To offer the program to other owners/managers and occupants of affordable housing nationally.
Essential Job Functions:
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Manage the implementation of projects that are part of the delivery plan for Phase I
- Assist in managing the installation of energy conservations measures and renewable energy systems
- Assist in the development of project budgets and selection of equipment to meet specifications
- Conduct property inspections: pre-construction, construction, post construction
- Coordinate and schedule property site visits for contractors, engineers, and other consultants
- Maintain records, prepare draw packages and invoices, and assist with grant reporting
- Assist in portfolio benchmarking, including energy analysis
- Assist in measurement and verification of energy savings
The position is a temporary (minimum 90 days), full time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor Degree, Master’s degree preferred,
- 3-5 years experience in project management with a focus on energy efficiency, renewable energy, affordable housing, construction management, and/or energy service companies,
- LEED AP, BPI Building Analyst, or HERS rater certification preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software, esp. MSProject
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized, creative, and independent worker
- Vehicle, insurance, and the ability to travel regionally
Affordable Community Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
HHDC - 24 months ago