(mt) Media Temple is seeking a Product Manager to contribute to the overall strategy and success of our product line. In this role, you will lead, define and drive the strategy, experience and roadmap of our products.
As a member of the Product Team, you will work with your peers in design, UX, engineering, support, business, operations, and marketing to ship successful, meaningful products. This position is based in Culver City, CA.
The Product Team at (mt) believes that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of customers that make (mt) a trusted place to build a website. A history in web hosting and an understanding of small businesses is preferred, but not entirely necessary. We value data analytics as part of the design process, believe in iterative development, and love spending time with our users.
Traits of Success:
- Be a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves solving difficult problems and 'getting it done’.
- Be comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for partnering to build and execute on new initiatives and crafting roadmaps.
- Compile, manage and report on project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements.
- Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
- Have the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of (mt) customers. The candidate will have succeeded in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast. The candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, opinionated team. The (mt) business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
- Write specifications, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and UX designers.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams including operations, marketing, customer support, and community.
- Integrate usability studies, user research, and market analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs.
- Coordinate with other product managers and designers to ensure the cohesiveness of the overall user experience.
- Assist with the management and coordination of vendor/partner relationships.
About the Product Team
- Strong visual design sensibilities, and appreciation for minimal interface design.
- Strong technical knowledge (including HTML/CSS/JS) and ability to work closely with engineers and designers.
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements, organizing resources, and managing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to improve a product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical/creative projects.
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.
- Strong results orientation.
- Thinks big!
About (mt) Media Temple
- Small team, HUGE GOALS
- Addictive sense of humor
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Willing to celebrate
(mt) Media Temple is a web hosting and virtualization service provider. For years, we’ve taken complex technology and simplified it for the everyday website owner. Since 1998, we have provided businesses around the world with reliable, professional-class services to host websites, email, business applications, and other rich Internet content.
We're growing rapidly and are well funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue growing and serving our community. If you're interested in joining the team, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about Media Temple and why you think you are perfect for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you write!
(mt) Media Temple - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard