Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
This is a full time, defined duration opportunity with the potential to be extended further, based on business need. You may also be eligible for the following benefits:
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tax-Saver Spending Accounts for Medical and Dental Care
Under general supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of project, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess conformity of development process to accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to appropriate project staff; may provide technical input, and input to their managers regarding performance and technical skills.
- Responsible for supporting the Project Quality Office initiative by coaching teams executing complex Software Development projects and developing SDLC and Project Management support materials for the SDLC Program.
- Execute detailed analysis of application development projects and processes to facilitate adherence to Fannie Mae policies and development standards (SDLC) and ensure delivery of projects that meet project-specific and enterprise quality and risk requirements.
- Collaborate with project teams to teach general software development and project management practices and Fannie Mae SDLC practices.
- Apply understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards in the area of project management and software development (SDLC) standards, processes and controls.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Expert in managing application development projects using a disciplined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Practical experience applying industry frameworks (PMI, CMMI, etc) is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Please note: This position will span a pre-defined duration.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 19 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...