Project Manager II - Strategic Sourcing/Procurement (Job Number: 011562) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Manages small to medium sized projects under limited direction. May also lead sub-teams for larger projects/programs. Projects may impact multiple functions in assigned division and typically has moderate impact on the corporation/division. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements.
- Manages small to medium size projects under limited direction. May also lead sub-teams for larger projects/programs.
- Establishes and monitors project requirements, priorities, and deadlines.
- Manages a project plan that involves a small number of team members (ex: 10 or less).
- Ensures quality and timeliness of project results. Ensures established budget is adhered to based upon project requirements.
- Works with management (if necessary) to drive resolution of project conflicts.
- Manages projects from inception to completion.
- Manages activities of assigned project team. Manages a team.
- Prepares standard and ad hoc management reports and presentations for assigned projects.
- May contribute/provide support to larger projects.
- Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years project management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years project management experience
- Documented completion of a project management training course.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and directly managing teams across business units.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
- Experience resolving conflicts within a team as issues arise.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project and Planview, etc.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Knowledge of business practices as related to specialty area, such as IT, HR, eCommerce, etc., preferred
- Experience managing a budget to plan, preferred
Walgreens - 21 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...