POSITION: Project Manager, Steel Manufacturing
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
LOCATIONS: Dallas Metroplex 76063
A global leader in the manufacture of steel poles, used
in the electrical Utility transmission and distribution
industry, has an immediate opening for a Project
Manager. The Project Manager position is located at the
company’s manufacturing facility in the Dallas, Texas,
The Project Manager position is part of the commercial
team and owns planning, executing and finalizing large
projects and managing them according to the governing
contract terms and conditions. The Project Manager is
responsible for leading the project team and maintaining
/ communicating the project schedule, budget and margin
The Project Manager will identify key project milestones
and develop a project timeline that supports the defined
project deliverables. He/she identifies and assesses
project risks to develop appropriate and effective
mitigation strategies. He/she will serve as a principal
point of contact internally from the inquiry stage
through the delivery and closeout of all orders related
to each assigned customer account. The Project Manager
will coordinate efforts of the team members and any
third party contractors or consultants in order to meet
the project deliverables according to the project plan.
The Project Manager provides weekly project status
updates to management and executive level team members.
· The Project Manager is the focal point for all
technical, commercial, accounting and fabrication
aspects of large projects. He/she will assist the sales
team with the development of the total project scope and
deliverables. He/she will build a project plan, using
this information, and then assemble a team accountable
for successfully meeting project deliverables.
· The Project Manager will define the project schedule,
flagging potential risk areas, defining contingency
plans and assigning resources appropriately.
Additionally, the Project Manager will fully administer
the contract between the customer and the company by
identifying milestones, managing liquidated damage
constraints, and maintaining effective communication
with the customer to define contract deficiencies or
· The Project Manager will manage all schedule, budget
and resource issues through the completion of the
project, including resolving any conflict resolution
either internal or external. He/she will communicate
directly with all levels of the company’s organization
and, when necessary, with the customer.
· The Project Manager will be responsible for having a
broad knowledge of company standards and operational
performance of all facilities. The Project Manager
should also possess a broad knowledge of departmental
and company goals, policies and procedures. The PM must
make on the spot decisions regarding schedule changes,
budget changes or resource requirements to assure the
success of the project and have the ability to follow
through with proper communication of those decisions to
all team members.
· Direct and manage project development from beginning
to end, including defining project scope, goals and
deliverables that support the customer requirements,
business goals, and project margin.
· Conduct risk identification, assessment, and
· Identify key project milestones and develop a project
timeline and management plan.
· Develop full scale project plans and associated
· Proactively administer contract documents and
requirements to control liquidated damage impacts.
· Forecast material and resource requirements and manage
project team members to meet these requirements.
· Communicate with customer, when appropriate, on
impacts to schedule and documents changes internally and
· Set and continually manage project expectations with
team members and other stake holders.
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones
using appropriate tools, and track milestones and
· Coordinate the development and delivery of progress
reports, requirements documentation and any
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports
for the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify
potential crises and devise contingency plans.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate same
to involved parties throughout project lifecycle.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
members and contractors, and influence them to take
positive action and accountability for their assigned
· Provide weekly project updates and reports so as to
effectively communicate project status to Sales
Director, Site GM and Project Administration Manager.
· Build, develop and grow any business relationships
vital to the success of the project.
· Conduct project post mortems and create
recommendations report for future project successes.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution
· Four- year Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an
emphasis in Management or Business.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Proficient in defining and using Critical Path
· Proficient in defining project activity constraints
· Ability to develop schedules that integrate dependant
and independent activities, including start-end time
dependencies and time/cost estimates for activities.
· Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of
the company and at all levels of customers’, third party
contractors’ and/or consultants’ organizations.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational
· Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite programs and
general computer knowledge.
· Understanding of contract terms and associated risks,
and standard accounting methods.
· MS Project or other scheduling program experience.
· Understanding of basic revenue models, profit/loss,
cost-to-completion projections and company pricing model
and billing procedures.
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue,
profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
Base salary of $80,000 or higher depending on
qualifications and experience; performance bonus up to
30 percent; full health care plan and employer-matched
401(K). Local candidates preferred. Some relocation
allowance may be offered, as appropriate.
Perfect World Search - 20 months ago