This newly created role, the Project Manager – Cost Reduction will delivery yearly cost savings as defined by corporate strategy. This person will help develop the project roadmap that identifies while tracking each of the initiatives. At the working level, this person will determine projects to develop that will make up the cost reduction program. They will lead the execution, as well as track and report results to senior leadership.
Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Requires a thorough understanding and ability to communicate requirements to Executive Sponsor and appropriate team members.
- Establish clear ownership for Cost Reduction project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of Cost Reduction Corporate Initiatives.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet cost reduction and implementation goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to Executive management.
- Conduct regular status meetings with Executive sponsors, keeping their needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Maintain timelines and target dates in Microsoft Project
- Other duties may be assigned.
A minimum of a Bachelors Degree – Technical degree preferred
5+ years or project or program management experience - preferably in a manufacturing environment
Demonstrated leadership experience including leading a matrixed team
Proven ability to present to and influence multiple levels of an organization
PMP strongly preferred
Green Belt or other Six Sigma certification preferred
Generac Power Systems, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Perfect storms make good business for Generac Power Systems. That's because the company manufactures engine-driven standby and portable...