The Project Manager role is responsible for resource management; budget management for capital spending; and project management within the Information Technology department with a high emphasis on customer service. The ability to manage tactical functions and participate in planning to achieve future business objectives is expected. It is also critical that this position focus on ensuring that their area of responsibility follows and adhere to all departmental audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and other internal mandatory controls.
The Project Manager position is a first level management position. Although Project Managers may not directly manage others, they will be expected to mentor others, demonstrate strong leadership skills and aide the department in developing new strategic directions or accomplishing out-of-the-ordinary.
• Matrixed staff may include employees, contract and/or consulting personnel in various locations across the USA.
• Responsible for playing an important role in product and vendor selection through a documented due diligence process.
• Responsible for preliminary vendor/contract negotiations. The ability to work effectively with legal services is imperative.
• Responsible for working with vendors of outsourced functions, managed services, maintenance agreements, service agreements, etc.
• Leadership and flexibility are an essential part of this management role within Camden as new strategic directions for shifting business priorities will require their input and attention for success.
• The ability to oversee staff project work is essential.
• Responsible for collaboration on projects with IT managers and directors (e.g. for implementation of business application software)
• Work with the IT management team to maximize resource (people) utilization.
• Responsible for collaboration with business management and personnel to achieve project and functional area goals and objectives. This may take place on technology projects or other corporate initiatives (e.g. mergers, acquisitions, dispositions)
• The ability and willingness to oversee projects directly.
• Develops/maintains strong communication and collaboration with others across the associated IT and business areas.
• Responsible for ensuring recovery and continuity plans are compatible, assisting business departments as identified.
• Work with internal and external auditors and tracking of assigned technology findings through their resolution
• Basic understanding of capital management required to ensure accurate creation and maintenance of all assigned capital project budgets and deliverables, including, but not limited to, tracking of labor.
• Development or updating of support or IT business processes as warranted to support new projects or in recognition of the changing needs of a growth company.
• Conceptual understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley controls and the methods used to ensure compliance. The ability to eliminate risk and achieve real value through compliance is a necessary skill in this environment.
• Responsible for upkeep and adherence to technology policies and controls, including but not limited to Camden’s IT Computer Policy and internal IT policies and procedures.
• Participation in project/area planning, resource planning, employee motivation events and other IT management functions, as assigned.
• Skilled at the use of all forms of communication (written, verbal by phone, verbal in person) to ensure department stays fully linked internally, with the rest of the company and with major vendors. Some travel is required to stay linked to regional offices and primary vendors.
• Strong sense of customer service, values and ethics.
• Responsible for keeping current in technology and the multi-family housing industry as needed
• Perform activities primarily concerning but not limited to overseeing managing of the design, development, testing, and maintenance of systems as required.
• Create project management deliverable documentation necessary to insure success of projects such as project plans, status reports, etc.
Assignment can and will change as company and department requirements dictate.
Camden Property Trust - 13 months ago