Project Manager - Network Engineering Lead
We are looking for a Project Manager / Engineer to help our client determine the process for reconfiguring a large number of DSLAM’s in a new network.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience in programming, supporting and configuring DSLAM’s and associated networking circuits. They must also have wide range of troubleshooting skills in networking, routers, switches and physical circuits.
They must have a very strong understanding of how to build virtual paths and circuits (VPI/VCI)
Understanding of Internet routing, routing protocols and router configurations is a must. A thorough understanding and practical experience in DSL, and ATM (building and troubleshooting of PVC’s) is critical for this position.
This position interacts with our clients engineering executives on a daily basis. This position will be involved in the configuration of new and existing ATM PVC’s to include moves and changes.
The position will require the ability to troubleshoot over the phone & provide directions to end customer contact and/or field technicians. Provide solutions and resolution to network problems, configurations and physical circuit issues.
Cisco and Juniper Router along with Alcatel-Lucent CBX500 experience preferred.
Required Experience :
- 5+years of industry experience engineering DSLAM’s in large-scale carrier networks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills and ability to document and present methodologies, processes and procedures Experienced in analyzing complex issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
- Excellent understanding of routing protocols and technologies including BGP, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, Ethernet, 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1d, 802.1w
- Experienced using Lucent PSAX (1000, 1250, 2300, 4500), CBX 500, DSLAM equipment (Adtran, Alcatel, Calix), Naviscore configuration support for CBX500, GX550 and B-STX 8000-9000 switches.
- Working knowledge of multiple layer 2 and layer 3 hardware platforms including Juniper, Cisco, Force 10, Brocade and Alcatel-Lucent CBX500
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Work comfortably in fast paced environment with customers and internal departments
- Knowledge of people management skills, particularly "influence management" and "conflict resolution"
- Must be highly organized
- Professional and customer focused (sense of urgency to complete)
- Fast learner – understanding different departments and work groups within organization
- Ability to multi-task: Calls, meetings and documents between departments & customers
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and meet stringent deadlines
- Must have leadership and communication skills to manage projects
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to company needs
- Ability to learn and understand complicated technical concepts