Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s and Oregon’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a proud member of the Lowe’s family of companies.
We are in the process of building a world class Store Operations organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
The Project Manager-Operations is responsible for supporting store and field management on operating issues and for identifying the most effective ways to operate the business. This position is also responsible for driving cross-functional projects that support store operations process improvement and new initiative development. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and business functions in order to deliver projects according to plan.
· Seek out and identify opportunities for continuous improvement, improved productivity, and enhanced customer experience through more effective operational processes
· Create the business case for operational process changes and strategies and assist in the creation of change management plans
· Identify opportunities to better leverage existing or new technologies that simplify or improve operational processes
· Serve as project lead/owner in development of new initiatives
o Manages implementation of policies, procedures and rollouts by working with other departments
o Indentify project deliverables, complete required documentation, conduct risk analysis, stakeholder analysis, and oversee status reports, communication plans, budget tracking and resource utilization
o Responsible for identifying impact, fully testing, piloting and measuring all changes in process
o Coordinate and facilitate various project team meetings and present options to project sponsors and leadership team
o Utilize rigorous problem-solving methodologies to analyze operations issues, identify the root cause, assess solutions, recommend strategies for process improvement, and execute agreed-upon improvements
· Regularly visit stores and field partners to evaluate processes and identify opportunities for expense savings, process improvements and communication clarity
· Support development of operational process training
· Stay familiar with and knowledgeable of competitive marketplace and current business environment
· Bachelor's Level Degree or equivalent experience
· 5-7 years relevant retail experience, with a strong knowledge of retail business, customer service and store operations
· Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Vizio, Access & Outlook)
- Knowledge of retail business and store operations, with a strong customer focus
- Project management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Action-oriented, with strong execution skills
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Strongly self-motivated and able to work independently to keep priorities and projects moving
- Ability to focus on and prioritize critical issues and activities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage ambiguity and changing business conditions
- Ability to effectively resolve business issues and develop long term solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels and functions of the organization
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...