Requirements : The project manager is a senior manager responsible for coordinating the management of all work performed. The project manager shall act as the central point of contact. The project manager is ultimately responsible for coordinating the effort of subcontractors, team members, and coordinating with other contractors under the direction of the Government Program/Project Manager. The project manager shall be capable of negotiating and making binding decisions for the company.
The Project Manager position is in support of security assessment and authorization projects for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in New Carrollton, MD. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in managing security assessment and authorization projects, as well as have experience implementing and managing projects that are CMMI Level 2(or higher)compliant.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The project manager is the ‘go-to’ person for the IRS client and CSSS.NET for meeting project schedule and deliverables and manages all project resources on a day to day basis. The project manager is responsible for managing contract scope and maintaining full compliance on project artifacts and deliverables. Key performance measures for the project manager are: customer satisfaction, on-time, quality deliverables, meeting project schedule and project profitability targets. Responsibilities of the project manager will include:
- Managing the project from the customer facility on a five day per week basis
- Interpersonal, consistent and professional communication with customers on status, needs, issues, risks and finances related to the project
- Management of all project deliverables and project milestones against fixed price contract scope and schedule
- Contract change management
- Maintenance of the project schedule
- Management of project team
- Development of recurring project status reports and invoices
- Management of project finances to meet targets
- Communicating and interfacing with the Senior Management to escalate concerns and proactively identify future issues to be addressed
- Identification and implementation of best practices to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the project to the customer.
The project manager is expected to grow existing task order revenues through the identification of new scope and opportunities within and near the project portfolio and facilitate pricing, scope and staffing for achieving incremental growth. The project manager will be expected to proactively participate in the pursuit of new business through the marketing of CSSS.NET capabilities to clients, solutioning, technical writing, proposal and /or risk reviews.
CSSS.NET - 14 months ago