- Plans, implements, directs, and controls activities, operations, and programs in the FS/Maintenance, Construction, and Central Supply departments. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Knowledge of general construction techniques, including proper methodology of construction and sequencing of skilled trades.
- Overall knowledge of proper design and installation of building materials as they relate to the following areas: building architecture, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, electronics, masonry, carpentry, painting, tile work, and other miscellaneous trades.
- Experience in general business practices of building trades, contractors and manufacturers with regard to sworn statements, invoices, waivers of liens, bonds, warranties, guarantees and bidding procedures accepted by the building industry.
- Experience in development of drawings and specifications and capable of reading construction documents such as blueprints or blue lines, shop drawings and schematic drawings and diagrams.
- Experience and knowledge in areas of regulatory agency codes, standards, and general requirements for construction of hospitals as set forth by: BOCA, DHEW, JCAH, NFPA, UBC, ANSI, and OSHA.
- Management and administrative abilities required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in Construction Management/Construction Technology.
- Five years experience In construction supervision, management or engineering is required.
Methodist Healthcare - 17 months ago