The Project Owners Representative will act as Lend Leases on-site owner representative, primarily for projects constructed by non-Lend Lease related entities. This role will provide the onsite oversight and administration of compliance with the construction contract.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Provide oversight, administration, monitoring and support of the Corporate EH&S program, control plan, medical facility construction plans and tenant improvement plans. Provide educational materials and support project staff on applicable EH&S rules and regulations and Incident & Injury Free (IIF) on specific project(s).
- Review construction documents for adherence to Healthcare Development design standards.
- Coordinate the development of new building construction and/or tenant suites from schematic design to construction documents.
- Assist in managing the design, planning, estimating and contracting process for site and building construction, as well as the design and construction process for tenant suite construction.
- Track and maintain overall product standards, quality, budget and scheduling.
- Provide assistance on preliminary proposals, design and construction management of new developments.
- Provide guidance to design consultants to modify and amend the plans and specifications for issues related to EH&S policies and procedures.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, and contracts with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents.
- Provide support as directed for administration of the contract between Lend Lease and the contractor; in the case where TI work is being completed by a tenants contractor, ensure that the tenant and its contractor are complying with the terms of its lease and any other applicable project documents relating to the performance of the work.
- Able to establish performance expectations and hold contractor accountable for results including stopping work if deemed required.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend control of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities and provide recommendations to abate same through the contractors supervisory personnel.
- Work with contractor for the contractor to submit all corporate required EH&S project reports in an accurate, complete and timely manner, including all incident reports involving property damage, personal injury, safety violations, near misses, unsafe conditions and non-compliance activities in accordance with established procedures. Request contractor to take appropriate action to assure unsafe conditions are closed in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of bidding packages for issuance to design consultants and/or general contractors for construction projects.
- Assist with the preparation of preliminary project design packages for issuance to contractors for budgeting purposes.
- Assist with the development of schematic design, design development and construction documents for the shell projects.
- Assist in the process for establishing qualified general contractors for bidding on projects. Assist with preliminary design layouts and marketing information as required.
- Assist in the process for obtaining required permits from jurisdictional agencies for construction.
- Collaborate with contractor on incident analysis including root cause, lessons learned, loss rates and corrective actions. Request contractor to make recommendations with respect to the evaluation of subcontractor qualifications, competency, training programs, and project safety plans. Request contractor to maintain and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program.
- Monitor the contractors project safety incentive program (as applicable) and participate routinely in recognition and reward of project workers.
- Provide coordination of all required audits and field inspections by outside agencies, testing authorities, and senior management.
- Make requests of contractor to maintain or validate that a set of contract documents contains all the current contract changes and clarifications. Request that contractor develop and manage a plan for monitoring and completing punch list items and close out documentation.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and assist with the resolution of EH&S and Design & Construction issues.
- Communicate regularly with the leasing staff regarding progress of suite construction and critical issues with each tenant.
- Promote the growth and development of professional client, contractor, subcontractor, tenant and vendor relationships.
Lend Lease - 12 months ago