Haskell is seeking Site Safety & Health Officers (SSHO) with experience and knowledge supporting safety within government/NAVFAC facility environments.
The position will require the SSHO to work closely with Haskell site supervision, corporate safety professionals, contract partner representatives, and client safety personnel in the administration of safety for the project. Extensive knowledge and expertise with USACE EM 385-1-1 is a requirement of this position.
- Ensure adherence to corporate Code of Safe Practices, OSHA, USACE EM 385-1-1 and contract requirements related to safety and health
- Participation in the development and review of Accident Prevention Plans (APP) and Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) documents
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections of the project
- Maintain a written Deficiency Tracking Log and ensure all noted items are abated
- Active involvement in the control and management of all site required permits (LOTO, Hot Work, Excavation….)
- Participate in all subcontractor, preconstruction and periodic progress meetings
- Lead investigations for all project accidents/incidents with oversight/resource by the assigned Corporate Regional Safety Supervisor (RSS)
- Administer all project safety orientations and badging efforts related to all trade craftsmen
- Conduct weekly tool box training meetings
- Ensure compliance with all Haskell / Client safety requirements
- Conduct and/or facilitate training for all specialized areas of the construction process
- Work closely with Haskell and Contract Partner field supervision to ensure a strong safety culture is maintained throughout the project
- Report directly to the assigned Haskell Regional Safety Supervisor (RSS) and/or Director Corporate Safety.
HASKELL is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
- Documented completion of the OSHA 30-hour for the Construction industry
- Working knowledge of USACE EM 385-1-1
- USACE EM 385-1-1 40 hour Certification
- Knowledge of crane operations and rigging activities
- Experience in construction, Government, Military and/or NAVFAC required.
- Documented Safety related certifications such as:
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Certified Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- Construction Site Safety Technician (CSST)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP
- Ten years (10) Construction Safety experience with a minimum three years (3) in construction involving USACE EM 385-1-1. (NAVFAC Level 4 or Level 5)
- Safety competency in Scaffolding, trenching/excavations, fall protection, electrical, process lock-out / LOTO and hazard recognition.
The Haskell Company - 14 months ago
• Founded in 1965 by Preston H. Haskell
• Construction, Design (Architecture, Engineering, Process) and Program Management...