"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides professional and administrative support in a wide variety of situations. Provides overall management of a special project to assure its completion within budgetary, space, and time limits in order to enhance the overall operation of the organization.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come join an exciting opportunity with our Facilities Department!
- Directs the completion of a project, coordinates the planning of the project by acting as a liaison between the departments requiring the service and those providing the service.
- Completes a project plan in order to determine the timelines associated with the project.
- Develops a list of resources needed to complete the project.
- Generates the purchase orders in an organized manner to ensure necessary supplies are available if needed and in the sequence needed to maintain the original schedule.
- Schedules all work to allow for anticipated delivery dates, availability of resources in the proper sequence as well as contracting with outside resources as needed.
- Directs assigned employees in performing the project.
- Ensures high standards of performance and adherence to the original schedule through consistent follow-up.
- Provides work direction and guidance to personnel within the Department. May lead projects and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or a related field or experience in lieu of education with a minimum of three years of professional work experience. MS Office, AutoCAD, RS Means, Scheduling Software, ability to interpret construction drawings, general understanding of construction codes, if applicable to project.
Bachelor's degree in a construction related field preferred.
- Manage renovation projects
- Space planning with AutoCAD
- Field inspections and commissioning equipment installations
- Maintain project database and other record documents
- Maintain furniture inventories
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 22 months ago