To act in the role of on-site lead person in running all aspects of the project to achieve all safety, customer, people, production, financial and company objectives.
- This person should be ready to take full responsibility for the safety of the project.
- Review activity plans.
- Ensure all onsite team members comply with project safety program requirements, procedures, client and company policies, standards, work rules, etc. Document all violations; recommend/implement corrective measures.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Project Management Plan.
- Supervise total construction activity to ensure the project is being constructed safely and in accordance with the design, budget, schedule and client requirements.
- Assume responsibility of production for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project.
- Develop and maintain a system for decision making within the project team whereby decisions are made at the proper level and in a timely manner.
- Foster and develop a spirit of project team effort.
- Determine contract scope changes and negotiate with customer.
- Insure invoicing is done in a timely manner in accordance with contract requirements and assist with the collection of same.
- Ensure equipment and tools are properly maintained, assigned and accountability measures are in place for misuse.
- Responsible for tracking and measuring production performance and communicating this information to the project team.
- Competent understanding of cost systems.
- Act as the Facility Hazardous Materials Coordinator either directly or (delegated) indirectly in compliance with the Corporate Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Program.
- Minimum of eight years supervisory experience in similar facility. Construction technology methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Interpersonal skills are imperative for superintendents supervising others.
- Communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to read and understand contracts and budgets.
- Must have demonstrated successful management of people and achievement of objectives safely, timely, and profitably.