Prepare a broad range of communications assignments at GSFC in support of the Satellite Servicing Capabilities Office (SSCO), including writing and editing for technical and journalistic assignments, crafting presentations, and organizing educational and public outreach initiatives and events.
Work at GSFC directly with the Lead Technical Writer of the SSCO and additional team members independently.
Complete written projects that include a variety of programmatic assignments, such as reports and correspondences, as well as informative text for public website and social media.
Prepare and/or coordinate the text and overall messaging for graphic products, often organized with images and tables, incorporating inputs from graphic designer and various SSCO team members.
Develop written material for public website and social media.
Facilitate the layout and electronic review of technical writing assignments, including posting of information to various electronic repositories (e.g., web pages).
Prepare, proofread and edit PowerPoint presentations for both internal and external audiences.
Facilitate the development and coordination of Education/Public Outreach (E/PO) initiatives and events.
Coordinate and develop educational activities, events, and resources for students, working closely with school representatives and SSCO team members to deliver age- and curriculum-relevant content.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Individual must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); have the ability to efficiently manage administrative effort by identifying critical as well as minute tasks, based on the SSCO Project Management and team inputs.
- Must deliver products and services on or ahead of schedule.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and have the ability to help team function as a unit.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong research skills.
- Limited travel may be required. Familiarity with teaching methods, educational standards, and/or Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) efforts is preferred.
- Digital photography experience is desired. Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA GSFC.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years’ experience is required.
Publications & Graphic Arts
Greenbelt, MD, United States
Day Job / 1st Shift
ASRC Research and Technology Solutions - 22 months ago