Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, is pleased to announce a full-time Proofreader/Communications Support Specialist position at our Silver Spring, MD headquarters. This individual will work on a wide range of print, web, and interactive projects. This position is perfect for someone who is very organized, has a knack for spotting errors, and wants to learn about health and science communications from the ground up.
• Proofread reports, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, websites, and meeting materials
• Produce accessible PDF files in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
• Perform research in support of communications projects
• Assist with proposals and other business development efforts
• Help produce PowerPoint presentations and other materials in support of company and client projects
Required skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years’ experience in proofreading and/or other publication work
• Outstanding eye for detail and command of English grammar and punctuation
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Ability to work quickly and accurately, under deadline pressure
• Hands-on experience with Adobe Acrobat and MS Office
• Familiarity with APA, AP, AMA, GPO, Chicago, and other common style guides a plus
• Customer service experience a plus
Palladian employees are highly talented, are encouraged to think and work creatively, and strive for excellence. This position offers excellent growth potential, a friendly office environment, and the chance to work on interesting projects every day. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on meaningful projects. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners/Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 8 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...