We have a full time opportunity for an experienced Copywriter, Proofreader, Editor to join our team. The emphasis is on high volume of work requiring heavy proofing and editing. Shifting priorities and fast turn-around of work will also demand agility, strong focus and the ability to consistently deliver accurate, error free work. This position will partner with Creative and Project Management teams to ensure all client expectations are met.
Job responsibilities will include:
Prerequisite Experience and Skills:
- Writing, editing promotional materials, ads, and P.O.P. copy for all clients.
- Providing absolute accuracy in all materials reviewed before delivery to client.
- Ensuring consistency with established style guides and brand standards
- Contributing textual ideas for current or future client campaign strategies.
- Writing, editing internal company communications, marketing materials and website content review.
- Light & intermediate supervision of copy staff
Interested applicants should be able to demonstrate their most recent accomplishments / work through an updated portfolio. Candidates selected for review will be asked to participate in a skills assessment process as well as a full pre-employment background check.
- 4-5 years of proofreading experience, preferably in consumer goods / retail marketing.
- 2 or more years’ copywriting experience.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Fluency in the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and be able to quickly turn work around
- Basic understanding of technical print design and layout.
- Intermediate skills in data & project mgt. tracking applications (ie: FileMaker, Access etc.)
- Supervisory experience as department ‘lead’ a big plus.
Responses to this job post should include a cover letter with salary history / expectations. Off site assignments/ relocation will not be considered.
Creative Hotlist - 2 years ago