Vertex, a national construction and engineering risk consultancy, is seeking capable, smart scientists and engineers to join our natual disaster assessment teams in Seattle, WA and Marlboro, NJ. Qualified candidates will help inspect properties damagd by flood, tornado, hurricanes, snow and other natural catastrophes, and assist in preparing technical reports under the direction of a senior team leader.
- Effective completion of select assignments; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Assist with field inspections, including measurements, photography and site surveys.
- Providing support to other regions in the event of a natural disaster.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Timely submission of time and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Knowledge or experience in the execution of commercial and residential property damage claim investigations
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with superiors, co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Some travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a the physical sciences (including physics, geography, meteorology and/or geology), or a civil, mechanical, architectural or structural engineering (FE or EIT preferred)
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions. Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred
For consideration, please submit your application here
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .
Due to the growing demand for quality search engine optimization and placement services, EasyVertex LLC company was formed in 2006. The...