Chubb has maintained its reputation and financial stability with underwriting expertise, unparalleled customer service, unique industry-specific specialization and a deep respect for all employees. The California Region CCI (Chubb Commercial Insurance) Department has been the leading insurer of technology accounts in the area. Chubb is currently seeking a Property & Casualty Risk Engineer to join our team based out of the Northern California branch.
As a Property & Casualty Risk Engineer subject matter expert supporting the Northern California branch's Clean Tech and Information and Network Technology segments, you would have responsibility to provide loss control services for a book of business that falls into the following industries: federal government contractors, integrated circuit manufacturers, solar cell manufacturers and solar panel assemblers, and electronic telecommunications.
• The candidate will evaluate complex risks across multiple coverage lines inclusive of property, liability, products, errors and omissions, worker's compensation, and automobile.
• Meet or exceed production and service goals including prospective surveys, resurveys, and service account files.
• Meet or exceed financial goals including onsite visits, monthly hours, report turnaround time and quality.
• Provide technical support and consultation to underwriters in the Cleantech and Technology segment.
• Assist in the creation of customized services for specified insureds.
• Build relationships with customers to create effective service plans for assigned customers.
• Work collaboratively and effectively with a team of underwriters, underwriting associates, and customer service representatives.
• Develop technical expertise and brand recognition within Technology segment.
• Support local training effort to perpetuate Cleantech and Technology underwriting expertise.
• Occasional overnight travel may be required.
• Minimum 5-7 years of loss control experience in multi-line survey and service.
• Cleantech and/or Technology experience required.
• Demonstrates technical ability to identify and analyze complex hazards, propose and implement risk improvement strategies and influence/motivate customer's senior leadership being served.
• Proven track record of building strong business relationships with insureds, agents & brokers, industry associations and specialized service providers in order to enhance reputation and build brand in the territory.
• Demonstrates ability to serve as a collaborative expert with colleagues, both experienced and lesser experienced.
• Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations.
• Able to produce thorough, timely, and precise written and verbal reports to all level of management, underwriting, and customers.
• Strong skill in prioritization, organization and detail orientation.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment using multiple internal and external resources appropriately, effectively and efficiently.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Educational and Experiential Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree with major in sciences or engineering preferred.
• Experience working for or with technology and/or cleantech companies preferred.
• 5-7 years multi-line loss control experience preferred, but not required.
• Relevant professional designations or certifications such as CSP preferred, but not required.