This Position will have overall P&L Responsibility to Dresser Rand Company. The Proposal Coordinator will be a Matrixed Position Reporting to the Commercial Manager and the Responsible Regional/Branch Office Executive. The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for the technical proposals involving Industrial Gas and Large Steam Turbine field services and repairs in the Oil & Gas and Power Generation Industries.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Possesses experience with power generation OEMs, Industrial Turbines and related equipment
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- The individual must be a self-starter, highly motivated and possess excellent leadership skills
- Can demonstrate a succession of professional growth and responsibility during their career.
- Must possess excellent people skills and patience
- Must be proactive in all project aspects and have demonstrated problem solving skills
- Be available and willing to travel for pre-bid meetings as necessary up to 25%
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-confidence, acts as a team player and displays a can do attitude
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Project or Construction Management
- Advanced Courses and Certifications, Demonstrated Project Experience
- Field experience as a Project Manager, Turbine Technician or Technical Director/Advisor is preferable
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive and review requests for proposal/quotation, workscopes and associated paperwork
- Evaluate workscopes for manpower loading requirements
- Write and send RFQs and receive quotes from subcontractors
- Develop project schedules using MS Project, or the like, based on workscopes, manpower loading and subcontractor requirements
- Enter manpower and subcontractor data into financial models and evaluate results to produce estimated project costs and pricing
- Write technical proposal and detail exceptions and clarifications to RFQ
- Capable of key interfaces both within the D-R organization and with our customer and external suppliers.
- Maintain technical library including standard workscopes and project schedules as well as Technical Information Letters and similar OEM equipment bulletins
- Must be familiar with usual and customary computer usage, applications and software packages.
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid
Dresser-Rand - 11 months ago
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...