The Proposal Writer II manages proposals for key client bids, including RFPs from TPAs and broker/consultant partners, direct client opportunities, direct Specialty RFPs, to ensure timely completion. This position supports team members, including other writers, proposal project managers and editors with writing, editing, formatting and production of proposal documents. In addition, the Proposal Writer II is responsible for managing department projects and strategic initiatives.
1. Manage assigned proposal projects to include: analysis, research, writing/editing responses to RFI/RFP questionnaires; create proposal documents and other exhibits to support the defined sales strategy and strengths of company¿s product and service offerings. Work cross-functionally to execute proposal projects, including cross-functional team communications, timelines and follow-up, to ensure accurate, complete and quality input from operational areas to complete proposal production for on time delivery. Generate proposal and sales documents while adhering to corporate marketing standards, department guidelines, templates and styles. Coordinate production and shipping to ensure accurate and on-time delivery.
2. Serve as central point of contact for all cross-functional business partners to produce effective proposal responses, apply single tone, voice, style to documents and ensure accurate production of mail shipment materials.
3. Resolve issues and conflict with appropriate escalation. Contribute to culture of continuous improvements and shares ownership of process improvement efforts. Display sound critical thinking skills, brings forth ideas.
4. Complete ad hoc projects and process ownership/responsibility as assigned.
5. Effectively communicate information, expectations and issues professionally and in a timely manner, with business partners, leaders and team members, demonstrating alignment of goals and objectives.
-Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communication or equivalent work experience
-2-5 years proposal writing experience or Master¿s degree
-PBM experience preferred
-PC, Microsoft Office
-Strong project management skills
-Excellent communication and organizational skills
-Ability to handle multiple projects and complete projects under tight deadlines
-Work well in a team environment, and also on an independent basis
-Working knowledge of word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, and database software
-Prior grant writing or proposal writing experience in PBM/healthcare industry preferred.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.