Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $6.4 billion in 2012.
The Discovery Advanced Technology Development R&D group of Dow AgroSciences has an opening for a
Protein Physical Biochemist
to contribute towards the development of protein based traits important to several of our business platforms.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the characterization of protein structure and function, and a strong background in measurement of protein interactions with either small molecules or other proteins.
Development of assays probing mechanism of action is essential, as is a thorough understanding of modern methods to exploit structure-function relationships.
Experience with programming language and software relevant to protecin characterization is desired.
The candidate will need to be able to represent and integrate complex information within multidisciplinary teams focused on development of agriculturally relevant traits.
- Developing detailed knowledge of the function of proteins
- Developing assays to characterize mechanisms of action or interaction
- Guiding the manipulation of structure to meet project objectives
- Providing strong guidance and decision-making within project teams based on expertise as a physical biochemist
Areas of Technical Expertise:
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- Independent operation of high resolution instrumental techniques for protein characterization (CD, NMR, fluorimetry, calorimetry, LALS, spr, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement approaches to characterize mechanisms of action, preferably with experience in systems relevant to plant biotechnology
- Elucidation of protein structure/function relationships
- Manipulation of structure/function relationships
- Ph.D. in Analytical/Protein Biochemistry Chemistry is required.
Post-doctoral and/or 5 years of industrial experience are preferred
- A track record of technical publications, highly effective communication (written & verbal), interpersonal skills, and demonstrated leadership are essential
- Able to demonstrate flexible technical interests and approaches aligned with Dow AgroSciences’ competencies and product platforms
- Demonstrated ability to function productively in multidisciplinary technical teams
Dow Agrosciences - 17 months ago
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...