Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements:
Georgetown University has a longstanding commitment to cultivating the spiritual life of its students, faculty, and staff. The Protestant Chaplain for the Law and Medical Centers is part of the interfaith Office of Campus Ministry and serves the spiritual and pastoral needs of these professional communities through outreach, worship services, retreats, spiritual direction, religious education and faith formation programs and other services and events as needed.
Protestant Chaplain is a member of Campus Ministry, comfortable operating in and contributing to an ecumenical and interfaith ministry environment. The Protestant Chaplain works in collaboration with the other Law Center and Medical Center chaplains to serve these communities.
The Protestant Chaplain upholds the values and ideals of Georgetown University as a Catholic institution in the Jesuit educational tradition.
• Serves students, staff, and faculty by providing pastoral guidance and spiritual direction.
• Conducts weekly Bible study session with students and staff.
• Establishes and provides programming, worship services and retreats for students, staff and faculty.
• Handles administrative responsibilities associated with the position.
• Undertakes outreach activities to engage students, staff and faculty.
• Works creatively in tandem with the other chaplains to build harmony and integrity within an interfaith ministry.
Ordination within a Protestant Christian tradition.
Master’s degree – Master of Divinity or similar degree in the areas of theology, ministry, or religious studies.
At least three years of ministerial experience inclusive of preaching/worship leadership, program planning, pastoral counseling/direction, and budget management -- experience on a university campus is preferred.
Personal and moral maturity and a demonstrable commitment to continued personal growth.
Computer proficiency, including email, Microsoft Excel and Word, and Internet.
Georgetown University - 10 months ago
Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, the nation's first Catholic bishop, Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic university in the US....