Position Description: |
The Provider Data Specialist is responsible for various activities related to the provider network database which may include any or all of the following: database maintenance, reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses, initiating database improvement. Provider Data Specialists develop and maintain standards for database integrity and quality assurance, coordinate corrective activities to clean database and retain users, and manage communication processes with other departments regarding database improvements. Other responsibilities include conducting audits and providing feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance, maintaining current provider data to ensure the quality of the network, and may be responsible for representing the provider network area on company IT projects, reporting and tracking provider calls and complaints, or for the support, coordination, and production of the paper directory cycles.
- Apply knowledge/skills to activities that often vary from day to day.
- Require little assistance with standard and non-standard requests.
- Solve routine problems on own.
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Work with others as part of a team.
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High school diploma/GED
- Any previous data entry experience
- Any experience with medical claims processing
and/or Provider Data Management experience (i.e. entering information,
verifying provider information, etc.)
- Previous customer service experience
- Intermediate (or higher) level of proficiency with
MS Word and Excel.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare &
Retirement is part of the family of companies
that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major
segments of the US health care system.
- Previous experience loading Healthcare Provider
- Proficiency with medical terminology.
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to
improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on
the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with
enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. Everyday, we're
collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing
segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by
being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health
care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for
us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a
drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain
positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 11 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...