An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc, National Government Services (NGS) is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Provider Outreach & Education Consultant is responsible for coordinating, developing and or conducting training programs for Medicare providers which include new provider training and or resolving complex provider issues. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Functions as a high level technical and/or clinical resource within the group or business areas to resolve or facilitate complex provider issues.
- Works with groups/task forces within the organization on special projects to develop educational programs and prepare educational information (clinical and non-clinical) for the Medicare Bulletin, presentations, seminars and other publications.
- Develops and maintains the Computer Based Training (CBT)/On line training materials.
- Responds to Medical Review referrals.
- Updates and maintains CMS databases and participates in special projects.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers . EOE
- Requires a BA/BS; 5 years of Medicare Contract experience; 3 years of instructional design theory and adult learning experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide and equivalent background.
- Proficiency is Adobe PDF and Visual Course Builder (VCB) required.
- Some travel required.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
*Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
program can be found in My HR.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
Similar Job Postings
NGS Congressional Affai...
Provider Outreach and E...
Provider Outreach & Edu...
WellPoint - 22 months ago
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more...