An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc, National Government Services (NGS) is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Provider Outreach and Education Rep is responsible for developing and maintaining positive relations between providers, third party administrators, trade/professional Associations and the Centers for Medicare/Medicare Services (CMS) delivery system. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and resolves Medicare operational issues.
- Works with all Medicare operational departments to address provider grievances and service and educational issues.
- Provides education and training to providers regarding Medicare regulations, program transmittals, change requests, and joint signature memorandums via face-to-face and web-based training platforms.
- Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of some Medicare coverage issues, medical coding, and general knowledge of CMS claims processing systems.
- Identifies and selects potential providers to participate in CMS guided focus groups, Medicare advisory panels etc.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers . EOE
- Requires a BA/BS; 3 years of Medicare Contract experience; 2 years of experience in adult learning or instructional design theory training; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Certified medical coder preferred.
- Some travel required.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
*Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
program can be found in My HR.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
Similar Job Postings
Provider Outreach and E...
WellPoint - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more...