As a leader in mental health service delivery, this is a great opportunity to work in a supportive environment doing the work you love to do for patients with behavioral health issues. MVNA is a progressive community non-profit and prides itself in identifying new approaches to serving clients. You also have the opportunity to visit clients in their home settings and will lead mental health services for clients receiving home care from registered nurses at MVNA. Other opportunities include:
- Provide formal and informal education and training to professional and direct care staff.
- Continue in professional growth and development to remain current on trends, standards, and evidence based practices in psychiatric nursing.
- Primarily work weekday hours with occasional evening or Saturdays to facilitate adequate coverage for all clients.
- Master’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing with ANCC certification as an Adult Psychiatric Mental Health CNS or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Certification with a national professional nursing organization as a NP or CNS
- Authorization from the MN Board of Nursing to prescribe drugs and therapeutic devices
- Minimum 2 years of experience in hospital, home care or clinic setting
- Certified in CPR
- Good communication and problem solving abilities
- Must be able to provide insured vehicle for transportation with a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse clientele, including cultural difference, lower socio-economic status, population with multiple, complex physical, emotional and psychosocial conditions
Minnesota Visiting Nurse Association - 22 months ago