The purpose of this position is to expand the CCH&WC & behavioral health staff to include a licensed provider that can provide psychiatric evaluations, medication evaluations, and medication monitoring specifically for CCH&WC behavioral health beneficiaries.
- Prescribe a wide range of medications for psychiatric, developmentally disabled, and/or addicted patients including children and adults referred from CCH&WC behavioral health therapists. Assess patient’s mental, developmental, physical status, identify a plan of care, implement and evaluate plan. Order and evaluate laboratory and medical reports.
- Maintain an ongoing network of communication with a limited number of pharmacies. Work with CCH&WC behavioral health staff, nurses, and patients on possible medication changes over the telephone. Receive inquiries and reports of medication effectiveness of patients.
- Serve as a member of the weekly Multidisciplinary Team Meetings and provide knowledge/consultation on patient cases; attend required program meetings; consult with physicians, pharmacists, providers and patient's family.
- Conduct walk-in medication evaluations/assessments to resolve client crisis.
- Provide referrals to outside providers including inpatient psychiatric hospitalization if needed or when problems presented are outside scope of practice.
- Complete required documentation on screening/assessment/crisis cases.
- Provide face-to-face interventions and/or telephone consultation with Inpatient facilities when needed.
- Provide follow-up crisis intervention or brief therapy for clients who are not anticipated to need or qualify for longer term services.
- Establish and maintain client record keeping, as well as other departmental record keeping.
- Assist medical staff via filling in for provider medical home model teams in CCH&WC.
- Function under established routines and medical protocols of the behavioral health & CCH&WC.
- Maintain professional credentials by keeping all required licenses current.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patients and employee information.
- Follow all behavioral health & CCH&WC policy & procedures.
Master's degree in nursing, current Oregon Registered Nurse license and Oregon Nurse Practitioner license with prescriptive privileges with work related experience in a psychiatric care setting. At time of appointment, must possess a valid Oregon driver's license.
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
- 17 months ago - save job