PRINCIPLE JOB VALUES
· Communication, Managing Work, Stress Tolerance, Quality Orientation, Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Directs and supervises licensed and unlicensed personnel in performance of their duties
· Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery and supervision of patient care
· Assesses the patients for psychosocial and educational needs
· Develops a treatment plan addressing the psychosocial and educational needs of the patient, and revises the plan as needed
· Communicates with physicians and other team members regarding progress and needs of patients
· Intervenes with patients as guided by the treatment plan or clinical judgment
· Collaborates with team members in development and implementation of milieu activities
· Educates patients in medications, illness and other health needs
· Administers and documents medications
· Evaluates and documents patient responses
· Participates in team meetings and Quality Improvement activities
· Must be able to demonstrate competence on use of SAMA and other restraint and seclusion techniques
· Performs assessment, screening, and interventions regarding pain management
· Follows through with tasks/problems and gives feedback as needed.
· Contributes to the learning of new employees, students and other personnel.
· Adheres to hospital polices and procedures and regulatory requirements
· Demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
· Conduct reflects the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
· Performs other duties as requested or required
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be obtained during orientation. Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization, age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and chemical dependency is preferred. Strong communication skills in both oral and written format recommended. Typing strongly preferred with a minimum of 20 words per minute. Must be flexible and service oriented.
FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS
OSHA BLOODBORNE CATEGORY I. Extended walking and standing daily. Frequently carrying up to 40lbs. Must have ability to grasp. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Must have full range of motion to include restraining patients. Some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids, hand-eye coordination, manual and finger dexterity.
HCA Inc - 17 months ago